Becoming a parent is a true revealer of character. It’s an endurance challenge both physically and emotionally. You will see some of the ugliest, darkest sides of yourself arise to the surface when you find yourself backed into a corner by the sheer will of your tiny child or children in my case.
Suddenly my big stresses in life are no longer about global warming or the state of the economic crisis, it’s more like “should we do party packs this year, or not?” and “is my child’s love tank full?” or the big one “should I finally cave in and get my kid a pet?”.
Here is a list that rings true in our household.
Things we have done and said since becoming proud parents to our twin girls Maya and Malia. Enjoy 😉
- “Boobies” is not a name… Oh this reminds me of a joke. What do you call bees that produce milk? Boobies
- Post a picture of poop on the Internet for verification of health or illness. Done that a few times!
- Eat half a banana that was abandoned on the floor.
- Don’t put the lid to your sister’s water bottle down your pants
- No, honey, “Grace” not “grapes”. Hail Mary full of GRACE not GRAPES
- No, you can’t lick the trampoline. (I have said this many a times!)
- Don’t pinch your sister with daddy’s pliers.
- Enthusiastically approve your child’s request to wear a costume to the mall if that means she will be pleasant and agreeable to all of your requests for several hours.
- Hand your thirsty child a juice box that you think was opened yesterday but could have been opened three days ago. (whoops)
- Smell her butt in the middle of a crowded grocery store and exclaim, ‘Did you poop? I think you pooped!’
- Fly with a baby or toddler.
- Post photos of my kids on Facebook
- Leave the house in sweatpants
- Let my kids eat unhealthy food (we all have those moments)
- Look like a modern version of a spice girl with all sorts of clips in your hair which your child has proudly done and they insist you go shopping like that!
Please do share your funny moments.
We are all in this together.